question-icon

Suggest treatment for itching sensation caused by rashes on hands and feet

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015
Question: My 13 year old daughter has a rash on her hands and her feet only. She is experiencing burning, itching and tingling sensations and it hurts when she puts her hands under water. There are no rashes in her mouth but she does have a sore throat. We went to the medic and he diagnosed her with chigger bites, it does look like them but we have not been outside or in any area that a chigger bite would occur.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It could be due to small bleeds below skin.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through the description and have checked the attached images. The rashes could be due to petechial hemorrhages which could result due to low platelet count. I need to ask if you have got a total blood count (including platelet count) done. If not, please get it done and share the report using a facility on the upper right of this page.

I would await your response.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician