Suggest treatment for itching rash on palms and soles that occurred at midnight
More information needed
welcome to HCM
As I can understand your major complaint is of itching rash on palms and soles that occurred at midnight.
Before committing to any diagnosis I would request for few more information regarding
1) Was the itching associated with sweating at night?
2) have you been known for allergic to certain Chemicals before?
3) is the rash symmetrical?
4) is the rash only on palms and soles and no where else?
5) how long did it took to subside?
Information regarding these can help me to have a better clinical picture.
Kindly revert back soon
I have not had a reaction the chemicals before
The itching stopped to next day but I still have some soreness on my instep and the soles of my feet both of which are red.
My hands are now ok.
Thanks for the reply.
The symptoms are suggestive of rash caused due to sweating, suggestive of cholinergic urticarial like condition.
There is nothing to worry much its just a hypersensitivity to sweat. There could be no apparent cause to this, mostly idiopathic.
No intervention appears to be required currently. The remaining rash should subside by next day or so.
I suggest antihistaminic drug like atarax single dose at night can be useful.
If the rash persist or the problem reoccurs. consider consulting a local dermatologist.
Welcome for further suggestions.
Dr Pankaj Borade
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had salmonella poisoning itchiness on palms and soles treatment
- Rash on the side of face with itching suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin rash
- Suggest treatment for rashes on neck
- Suggest treatment for nappy rash
- Suggest treatment for itching and rashes under the breast
- Suggest treatment for diaper rash
- Mono rash itching treatment
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks suggest treatment