Suggest treatment for itching, pain and discomfort in the anus

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi, I have thick Skin (slight bulge) on my but cheeks near my anus can you please assist on a solution. It does not hurt, itch or any discomfort. Its very soft skin and has been expanding in radius for the past few years. please advice. Have you come across this before? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hypertrophied papillae(skin flap).

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic.
I've gone through your query and the images,

Yes, it can be a Skin flap or A anal polyp.Anal skin tags, also called rectal skin tags, are growths that hang off the skin around the outside of the anus and are usually harmless.

Anal skin tags may also be called hypertrophied papillae or fibroepithelial polyps. They are not contagious, but may be due to inflammation, a lesion, anal injury. It can be removed by a minor surgical procedure by a surgeon after complete investigation of flap physically.

Another possibility is external hemorrhoid or pruritis ani but as there is no pain itching bleeding etc,this is highly unlikely.

Thank you so much for the images, i would suggest you in person examination of the out growth by a surgeon or else make a clear video and attach it/send the link of it, if possible.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply. is there any ointment I can use? I shall make a video asap.it has been expanding in circumference over the years.
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer!

Detailed Answer:
Hi
What i have told you is a expected diagnosis.However a physical examination is a must before sugggesting you any treatment.Firslty send to me some clear video and close photographs after that only i can suggest you if ointment will help or not.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
thank you for your reply. please do let me know if these photos are clear. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
hi again ,
You can use mucoprin containing cream twice daily on it till you get it physically investigated by a general surgeon.Its very difficult to see it in these photos.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad