Suggest treatment for itching on the thighs caused by a ringworm infection
Im so desperate to find a treatment to get rid of this huge round ringworm around my private area, on my thigh and leg as its spreading so big, its soo itchy and it burns as well! I have been seeing my GP for how many times for this issue, they give medication that they reccomend that will help me but it just doesnt work, ive been given creams all the time i go back but it just doesnt work! Its such a large area to work on especially the private parts! Can you please help me? As i need something strong to really get rid of this ugly thing around my private part and my legs as well!
I was also given a vaginal swap for yeast infection, but the reslt came back as i have candida thrush also so i guess that means that fungus has fone in internally or something like that!
Ringworm infection likely.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It seems that you have a ringworm infection of the skin around your private parts that has a superadded bacterial infection. This needs proper systemic antibiotics after consulting a dermatologist. Only topical antifungal creams and lotions will not provide a complete relief.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Because i know there are tablets that you can take as well to get rid of it! If so, am i able to buy some over the counter at any pharmacy or a particular pharmacy?
Because i have had this for a year now! It started when i was pregnant with my second child, and from there on and today it hasnt gone even though i was given medication for it! Now its so huge that it has spread through to the back of my bottom and that area of my skin which is infected has change colour to black!
Dermatologist consultation is needed.
Thanks for writing again.
The medicines that are needed are oral antibiotics that are prescription only drugs. This needs proper treatment under guidance of a dermatologist with regular medicines upto 3-4 weeks. Direct examination is a must for proper diagnosis. Over the counter medicines will not help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurrent ringworm infection have nickel allergy treatment and prevention
- Treatment and cure for thigh infection
- Treatment and cure for scalp ringworm infection
- Treatment and cure for ringworm infection
- Suggest treatment for itching on feet due to skin infection
- Treatment of ringworm
- Suggest treatment for robotic sounds caused by an ear infection
- What treatment is suggested for infections caused due to would
- Ringworm causing blisters on and around the testis treatment
- Suggest treatment for scalp infection causing hair loss
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...