Suggest treatment for itching on the buttocks

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
i feel like I have had an itchy bum since I was a kid .. I have had sti tests before with nothing showing positive .. I have been to gp last year thinking genital warts but she did not think so .. I didn't return to go due to embarrassment . Anyway still very itchy one side near anus has maybe 4 or 5 red hive like spots very itchy it does seem worse at night but also itches during the day ..please don't print my name . Can you help
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload image

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload an image of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Please be assured about the privacy.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching on the buttocks 2 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection. Oral and topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
thank you
You seem to have a fungal skin infection.
I suggest you to use a topical antifungal cream e.g clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily. Clotrimazole is available OTC. In addition. I also suggest an oral antifungal e.g either fluconazole or itraconazole. Both these are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner regarding the same..