Suggest treatment for itching on the body while recovering from shingles

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 21 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have shingles, now the watery bubbles are gone , still itching burning and I do not feel my skin cause of the nerves what do I do from know ? And what kind of vitamine should I buy to rebuild my immune system ? Please help me
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antineuralgic drugs may be used.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

At this phase of shingles infection local use of capsaicin cream, gabapentin,or Amytriptiline may be used to ease neurological symptoms.

Healthy lifestyle and diet help in boosting your immune system.

Vitamins B group may be used to improve nerves regeneration and immune system.

You also need to be vaccinated against shingles in order to prevent recurrence.

Discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad