Suggest treatment for itching on the arms when diagnosed with breast cancer

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have severe itching at night on both arms from elbow to elbow and back of neck. I have had breast cancer and am currently on Herceptin and Projetta. however, these don't seem to be the culprit as we took them off for a few weeks. I also take Femara on a regular basis. I have been to a dermatologist and she put me on some prescription creams that made it worse. I take two benedryl at night just to rest. any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Low immunity leads to infections

Detailed Answer:

Since you are on herceptin and other you may be having low immunity. This can lead to opportunities for infection especially scabies.
Check with your doctor about scabies, fungus or psoriasis type patch.
You can get hydroxyzine prescription for easing itch. Over the counter use calamine lotion over itch areas.
I suggest to upload pics of the areas to observe clearly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam