Suggest treatment for itching in the anus

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For about a week, I have some itching sensation near end of anal but completely outside of anal area. Itching intensity increases slightly more in the night.

This is not severe but I believe I need to address this early. I wonder if you can help me some medication for the same.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tablet albendazole and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
Perianal itching could be due to parasitic infestations, diabetes and irritant and allergic reaction to the substances used on this area.
I would recommend you to get your fasting blood sugar levels checked.
Besides this do you have rash associated with itching?
If yes kindly upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition.
Meanwhile take tablet albendazole 400 mg once daily for 3 consecutive days along with antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime for 10 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
I don't have any rashes. Will you be able to prescribe them knowing the condition?

I will go for the tests suggested by you this weekend.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take tablet zentel and cetrizine

Detailed Answer:
You can start with tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime.
Also take tablet zentel 400 mg once daily for 3 days.
I don’t know whether zental will be available as over the counter medicine in your country.