Suggest treatment for itching in the anus
This is not severe but I believe I need to address this early. I wonder if you can help me some medication for the same.
Tablet albendazole and antihistaminic
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
Perianal itching could be due to parasitic infestations, diabetes and irritant and allergic reaction to the substances used on this area.
I would recommend you to get your fasting blood sugar levels checked.
Besides this do you have rash associated with itching?
If yes kindly upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition.
Meanwhile take tablet albendazole 400 mg once daily for 3 consecutive days along with antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime for 10 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
I will go for the tests suggested by you this weekend.
Take tablet zentel and cetrizine
You can start with tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime.
Also take tablet zentel 400 mg once daily for 3 days.
I don’t know whether zental will be available as over the counter medicine in your country.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood in stool itching in anus treatment
- Suggest treatment for soreness in anus
- Suggest treatment for burning and itching around the anus
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Suggest treatment for constipation and pain in anus
- What is the treatment for itching around my anus
- Anus itching treatment
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in anus while moving and coughing
- What is the treatment for itching of perineum and anus