Suggest treatment for itching and pain in the eyes

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have echy eyes

It started with an ache in my left eye only then it led to my nose running like a tap
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Diagnosis: Allergic or viral conjunctivitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for following up with these details,

Since your eye symptoms are associated with runny nose, it is more likely to be allergic or viral conjunctivitis. But allergic and viral conjunctivitis usually affect both eye rather than one eye and presents with associated redness, watering and itching.

It is difficult to pinpoint a definite diagnosis at this point without further examination of the eye.
I'd recommend you consult a primary care physician/Ophthalmologist for further evaluation and management.

Please feel free to ask any further concerns.
Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee