Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for itchiness on corona of glans

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 3312 Questions
itchiness on corona of glans no spots
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir ,

I have gone through your query and understood your concern,and would address the same.

The symptoms you mentioned have most likely an infectious cause, likely to be bacterial or fungal.I strongly recommend you to undergo a standard routine panel of STD screen which includes testing for syphilis,hiv,hepatitis b,papilloma virus-VDRL,HBSAG,HIV 1,2and HPV DNA.

The treatment would base largely on the results of the test reports concerned.
So i suggest you to get these tests done and upload the reports on your follow up query.Based on which we shall discuss the test result interpretation and treatment aspects if needed.

I hope and wish this feedback provided by me is useful and convincing to you.
Please feel free to post your further follow up queries,i feel responsible to answer them all.
Thank you.
Wish you good Health,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itchiness on corona of glans 14 hours later
itchy feeling on corona of glans and on tip from past 2 days , no visible spots and didnt had any sex till now in my life and but have partially tight foreskin how can i get rid and what to and what not to apply on it?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back to me.
I have gone through your query and would like to clarify it.

In case if you have not participated in any sexual activity,the symptoms in your case can be attributed to fungal infections of the glans penis termed as "Balanoposthitis".The most likely cause is tightened foreskin.this is known as "Paraphimosis".

This needs to be carefully assessed by an expert urological surgeon as the only known effective treatment for this condition is "circumcision"-which is surgical removal of tight foreskin around the glans.this condition can produce difficulty in passing urine with time.So i suggest you to have a surgical consultation.

To prevent and control itching of the glans topical antifungal cream like Clotrimazole is preferred.It produces excellent relief.

I hope my feedback is helpful and convincing to you,
In case you are completely satisfied with my answers,kindly rate them for my betterment.
Thank you,
Wish you a good health,
Dr Suresh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor