Suggest treatment for itchiness in vagina
YEAST INFECTION LIKELY
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
It is very common to develop a yeast ( fungal ) infection while on antibiotics.
I think this must have happened in your case also.
It is unwise to self medicate or home treat such infections.
The redness and itching is suggestive of fungal infection.
If incorrectly or incompletely treated, such infections can be dangerous.
I would recommend that you should consult a Gynaecologist.
Go for an internal exam and a vaginal swab to confirm that you have yeast infection.
Accordingly oral therapy and local creams would be prescribed.
Avoid unprotected sex till then.
Just clean private parts with warm water and XXXXXXX dry gently.
Avoid using gels, soaps, douches, cleansers , perfumes etc.
Avoid handling or rubbing private parts.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for itchiness in head
- Suggest treatment for bumps on vagina after having intercourse
- Spotting and itchy vagina started having sex treatment
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Suggest treatment for itchiness on shins
- Causes treatment of itchy vagina and anus
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- Extremely itchy vagina treatment
- Itchy vagina after a lletz treatment
- Used vibrator for orgasm vagina is swollen suggest the treatment
- Why am I getting pain and electric sensation after having intercourse?
- Mirena inserted. Itchy rashes appeared, missing periods and having...
- Follicular study showed enlarged ovary, thick endometrium and no fluid....
- Pregnant. Started spotting after intercourse. Feeling tired with sore...
- Pregnant. Accidentally inhaled goof off rust stain remover. Should I be...
- How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy?
- Itchy clitoris and feeling uncomfortable after using vagifem. Suggest...
- Have had scanty period, heaviness in abdomen and moles on face. What is...
- 54 years old. Feeling bloated, frequent urination and getting delayed...
- Had vulval intraepithelial neoplasia surgery. Getting loose flaps of...