Suggest treatment for itchiness and rash on arm

Dermatologist
Question
Two weeks ago I went to the doctor because of itchiness and a rash on my arm. The doctor said it could be scabies. I was prescribed permethrin. I used permethrin cream , but I used over 30 grams . I used almost the whole 60 gram bottle. I didn't realize this was more than the average dose. I was initially more itchy after I used the cream than before I was prescribed the cream. Now the itchiness has gone down. However today I was caught in the rain and the itchiness came back and I noticed some red blotches on my skin .
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
antihistamine and permethrin

Detailed Answer:
Hello
There was response to permethrin this suggests that you had scabies.
Usually a single application of permethrin is enough to cure , however sometimes the itch might remain for a month.
Please take an antihistamine tablet and apply permethrin again after 15 days of initial application.
This will help in eradication of scabies.
Hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you