Suggest treatment for ischemic colitis
i WAS TOLD THAT i HAD AN INFECTION IN THE UPPER LEFT SIDE OF COLON AND THAT WHITE BLOOD COUNT WAS HIGH.
Thanks for choosing this forum to ask your query.
Most likely you are talking about ischemic colitis.Ischemic colitis is a medical condition in which inflammation and injury of the large intestine(usualy colon) result from inadequate blood supply. Although uncommon in the general population, ischemic colitis occurs with greater frequency in the elderly, and is the most common form of bowel ischemia.
Ischemic colitis occurs when blood flow to part of colon is reduced, usually due to narrowed or blocked arteries. The diminished blood flow doesn't provide enough oxygen for the cells in your digestive system.
As per your causes can be -
-Atherosclerosis of arteries.
-Hypotension associated with heart failure, major surgery, trauma or shock
-Blood clot in an artery supplying the colon or, less commonly venous thrombosis.
-Bowel obstruction caused by a hernia, scar tissue or a tumor.
-Medical disorders that affect your blood, such as inflammation of the blood vessels (vasculitis), lupus or sickle cell anemia
Treatment depends on underlying cause.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet recommended for ischemic colitis
- Living with ischemic colitis
- Diet for ischemic colitis patients
- Treatment and cure for Ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis antibiotics
- Treatment and cure for acute ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis young adult
- Triggers for ischemic colitis
- Recovering from ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis nutrition therapy
- What causes rapid abdominal weight gain?
- Is Voltaren effective in managing pain when with Barrett's esophagus?
- What causes black stool post a colostomy surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe nausea and vomiting
- What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of a plastic piece?
- What causes difficulty in swallowing food?
- Suggest treatment for profuse rectal bleeding
- What causes urinary retention after gallbladder removal?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating and gastritis
- What causes upper right quadrant pain with bloating?