Suggest treatment for ischemic colitis
Hi and welcome.
Well, ischemic colitis is serious bowel disorder and this is not commonly seen in your age. Also,the diagnosis can be established only with CT angiography and colonoscopy, and it is difficult to diagnose it only by symptoms which are nonspecific in most cases and similar to any other type of colitis. However, if you already had it and symptoms are present despite dietary changes, then it would be good to see ER and do at least blood picture to see inflammatory markers.
Ibuprofen won't harm but may not be useful as well. If this is ischemic type then it would be better to take Andol100. But as I said,it would be good to see doctor, especially if fever, blood in stool,constant pain or abdominal guarding is present.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet recommended for ischemic colitis
- Living with ischemic colitis
- Diet for ischemic colitis patients
- Treatment and cure for Ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis antibiotics
- Treatment and cure for acute ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis young adult
- Triggers for ischemic colitis
- Recovering from ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis nutrition therapy
- Does intake of Ibuprofen help in treating hematomas?
- Suggest remedies for bi-lateral swelling in feet and ankles
- What causes constant stomach pain with blood in stool?
- What are symptoms of chikungunya?
- What does skin like discharge from the anus indicate?
- Suggest treatment for enterobacter UTI
- Suggest treatment for pain in the arm after injury
- What causes prolonged healing of the toenail in a diabetic patient?
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of UTI