Suggest treatment for irritation in the penis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I received antibiotics 7 day cipro. August 9th, because I felt this slight irritation in my penis and my head seemed tender. Did not hurt when I ejaculated. I don't really think it burned when I urinate.
So now it is the 18th. It does feel much better, but I can't help to feel that things still don't feel normal like before. Every now and then I will feel a slight irritation in my penis. Or on my head. Sometimes my head does look a bit red like irritated. I have never had any discharge or or rash or fever.
I received oral July 6.i didn't start to feel theses irritation till August1. Could this be an STD?
Or what is it????? I do take zoloft for anxiety.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be due to mild infection of glans penis and penile urethra.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query based on the symptoms that you have described I think you have mild infection of glans penis (Ballanitis) and penile urethra .

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later
OK, so most likely not sti? The doctor did do a urine test on the 9th as well. I don't know what he was testing for, but it came back negative. That's when he gave me the 7 day cipro.
I am uncircumcised, also it just feels like it's not moist as it used to be. Like it is too dry.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can not be STI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
One gets STI only after having intra vaginal sex and never with oral sex .

Urine culture has to be done in pathological laboratory and you get culture report after three days .Your Dr might have done routine urine test in his clinic .

Take the medicine which I ave suggested earlier and switch on to appropriate antibiotic after getting the culture report .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil