Suggest treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
Dietary modification, medication, relaxation.
I have gone through your query.
Kindly give me few details like,
What are your symptoms presently?
Ornidazole should not be taken for longer time.
IBS or Irritable bowel syndrome is becoming quite common these days. It has to be managed by dietary modification, drugs and reduction of anxiety.
If such a patient comes to me, I would suggest the following-
Diet modification like taking enough dietary fibers, plenty of water and small frequent meals per day. Avoiding fatty or oily food is also important.
Avoidance of alcohol and smoking is advised.
Relaxation is important. Increased anxiety leads to increase in IBS symptoms.
Exercise regularly. It enhances metabolism.
Taking normaxin-RT once daily for a 15 days. It contains clinidium, chlordiazepoxide, ranitidine.
Taking probiotics like sporolac or ecobion for 7 days.
You can consult your treating doctor about it and prescription of the above.
This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.
I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Irritable bowel syndrome
- Suggest treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
- Dicyclomine for irritable bowel syndrome
- Imodium for irritable bowel syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome drug treatment
- Suggest best medicine for treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome treatments
- Lomotil for irritable bowel syndrome
- Suggest treatment for persistent irritable bowel syndrome
- Cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome