Suggest treatment for irritable bowel syndrome

Question
I believe I have a Spigelian (or other ventral, possibly incisional from laperoscopic hysterectomy) hernia. I've had as yet unexplained digestive problems, constipation, much pain in lower right quadrant/abdomen. I thought it was fibroids, but after my hysterectomy, the pain got worse. I've tried P/T, massage, acupuncture, been through every GI and back scan under the sun. They cannot find anything.

I have had this bowel condition since 1986. It has only now become nearly unmanageable. I use medicinal marijuana to help with the pain. I lie on a heating pad 8-12 hrs a day.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should need some further investigation.

Detailed Answer:
After seeing your symptoms and investigations, in my opinion you might be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
I have seen in so many cases, hysterectomy is performed for pain and patient is suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome ( IBS).
As such there is no specific investigation and treatment is available for this disease. Doctor rule out the other causes of pain and if other causes are ruled out and pain is still there then IBS is the cause of pain.
You can consult a gastroenterologist and get your colonoscopy test done.
You should take high fibre diet, drink a lot of water, use laxative and use antidepressants for your pain.
Please do not take marijuana for pain.
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa