Suggest treatment for irregular periods
BETTER POSTPONE THAN PREPONE
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Generally, tablets containing progesterone ( Meprate, Deviry, Primolut - N ) are given twice a day for 5 days.
When you stop taking these tablets, you bleed within a week.
It is better to postpone your periods as you do not have time to induce a period.
Take the drug as long as you wish to avoid bleeding, and then when you stop, you will have a period within a week.
Hope that is clear.
For regulating cycles henceforth, cause of irregular periods should be sought.
You should have a detailed gynecological evaluation - per vaginum and per speculum.
ALso a pelvic ultrasound scan , and hormones - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone.
Maintain a healthy BMI if overweight.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
IRRESPECTIVE OF MEALS
You can take the tablets anytime, twice a day.
Meals do not matter.
Once you finish the course, you might bleed anytime within a week, after 1 - 2 days or after 7 days, there is no way of predicting.
Hence, postponement works better than preponement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and weight loss
- What treatment is suggested for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods with pcod
- Suggest treatment for pcos and irregular periods
- Treatment and cure for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods after a miscarriage
- Suggest treatment for continous spotting and irregular periods
- What is the treatment for irregular periods
- Treatment for irregular periods