Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
hi , i am having irregular periods. i checked with lots of doctors. but its not curable. plus m having PCOD . last period i got November 12 2013. still i din get period regular .wat il do for that. can any one help for me ????
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cause should be treated Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. To regularize the menstrual periods the cause of irregularity should be treated. You consult gynecologist once, get examined and go for investigations like: Ultrasound Thyroid profile Prolactin levels estimation Hemoglobin levels and blood sugar estimation. With this workup present PCOD status can be assessed and other possible causes for irregular periods can be identified. If PCOD is the only cause for your problem, -Now you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding. -Then you can go for hormonal pills and insulin sensitizers to regularize the periods. Maintaining ideal weight for height helps in controlling PCOD. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD 4 minutes later
that only thing is PCOD problem alone doctor. m not having thyroid and anething . pls let me knw good treatment for that. with in 4months i am gonna marry . my friends are telling lyk if you having PCOD problems its not possible to born baby . totally i am confused doctor
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD 5 minutes later
can you say that hormonal tablets name.. already i had dese tab doctor 1.deviry 10mg 2.meprate 3 XXXXXXX 4.cycloreg 5 XXXXXXX i just want to know whether its curable or not. plus wat treatment il do for that doctor..
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy is possible after treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, If PCOD is treated it is possible to have pregnancy. The treatment options depends on severity and duration of the problem. You can try with tablets first. With your doctor's advice you can go for progesterone tablets like deviry or meprate to induce withdrawal bleeding. After that usually in our hospital we suggest insulin sensitizers like metformin to treat insulin resistance in PCOD. Along with them combined hormonal pills can be used to regularize the hormonal levels. These will help in regularizing the menstrual cycles. In non responsive cases surgical procedures like ovarian drilling etc can be done. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD 6 minutes later
from today il start to eat deviry rite.. after dat il get my period.. for how long i should take tis tablet doctor
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Take after consulting your doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Better to take the tablet after consulting your doctor only. Generally this is advised for 5 days. But the required dosage can differ from person to person depending on their menstrual history. So take tablet after consulting your doctor. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor