Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

196 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for irregular periods for the past one year

Answered by
Dr. Richa Agarwal


Practicing since :1999

Answered : 3318 Questions

Posted on Fri, 7 Dec 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,

I have irregular periods from past 1 year. It has been 3 months i got periods now and feeling lot of stress and PMS from past 2 months. I have taken the following tests every 6 months and got them checked last week as well.


2)Thyroid Stimulating Hormone


Attached are the report results from last week. Could you please review and confirm if the results look normal or should i undergo anymore tests for further confirmation.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Reports looks normal.

Detailed Answer:


I have gone through your history and investigations and understand your concerns.

Usually at your age irregular menses are due to hormonal imbalance. But in your case, all your reports are seems normal.

So you have to do the followings:

1. Take high protein and low carbohydrate diet as well as make some lifestyle changes.
2. Drink a lot of water and green tea.
3. If irregular menses persist for long, get your pelvic ultrasound to rule out the cause.

Hope my answer is useful.


Dr. Richa Agarwal,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on