question-icon

Suggest treatment for irregular periods and breast pain

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015
Question: I am 30 years old and generally healthy. I have had irregular periods since I can rember but one thing recently happened after my last period. I have been having breast pain (ache) in both of my breast. I have had augmentation but its doesn't seem like the cause. They are 5-6 years old.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hormonal changes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in both the breasts after the periods can be due to hormonal changes in your body. This can cause a dull ache in the breasts. It is not likely to be due to augmentation. You can wait for 2-3 days and do a hot compress in the painful area. Wear tight fitting undergarments with a good breast support. It is likely to subside on its own.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN