Owl Image

Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation for over 1.5 years and thyroid irregularities?

Owl Image
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Question
Hi Doctor , my maid XXXXXXX 23 years of age is not having menstural periods since last 1.5 years and earlier also it was not regular and used to happen in 3-4 months only... she is also taking antiepileptic medicine since 1.5 years... her weight has also increased but she is physically fit and fine. recently we have visited gynaecologist for her who has advised some test and medicine.. both enclosed. can you suggest treatment ahead.. period has not yet happened and she is taking medications
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She should continue the medications.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history, reports and understand your concerns regarding this.
In my opinion her reports shows TSH more than 5,so she should take thyronorm tablet for the same.
And please confirm when she started this treatment ?because it will take time to her to resume her menses after treatment.
Usually we give progesterone for withdrawal bleeding because as such her reports are normal.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation for over 1.5 years and thyroid irregularities? 1 hour later
thanks... she has started taking medicine from 3rd November and doctor has asked to take it for 10 days.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you should continue with the same.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
You are always welcome.
You should continue your medicine for 10 days and you will get your menses with in a back.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation for over 1.5 years and thyroid irregularities? 37 minutes later
hi ... one more query .. can we continue medicine for 15 days as we want to further delay by 5 days due to some travel plan.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can continue but not more than that.

Detailed Answer:
Yes,you can take for 15 days but not more than this.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.