Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
145 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation, UTI and ear pain

Answered by
Dr. Soumya


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 2977 Questions

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi there. I have a few different things going on. My period has always come at the same time every month.. And usally lasts for about 5-6 days. In XXXXXXX it lasted for 25 days and has been irregular ever since. The second thing is that now i kind of feel like im having uti symptoms. I Constantly feel like i need to empty my bladder. The last thing, that isnt related to those two things, is that i have had pain in my left ear all werk and it goes all the way down the left side of my neck. I just dont feel well...
Any idea of whaf could be going on?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs Evaluation

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

There are different symptoms which need different assessment. Let me explain you in detail:

1) Irregular periods lasting for about 25 days is possibly due to some problem in uterus like fibroid or polyp. Because 5 to 6 days was also longer as 3 to 4 days is normal duration.

2) UTI is common during such bleeding episodes as there will be infection associated. Please get urine culture and sensitivity test done to assess if there is urinary tract infection. You can take medicines as per the culture report.

3) Pain in left ear radiating down is due to impacted wax in ear. This impacted wax needs to be cleared with solutions and drops to be put in ear. Please see an ENT specialist for examination and prescription.

4) The problems you are suffering needs to be examined and investigations needs to be done by doctors concerned as i have explained. These cannot be resolved by over the counter medicines.

Let me know if you need anymore help.


Dr. Soumya
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Fibroid

doctor1 MD

I have a white spot on my lower lip, I have a sore right hip and lower back and sore lower pelvic area,also I have a large fibroid about the size...

doctor1 MD

I m a 57 yr. old who has had a hysterectomy in my early 40 s due to fibroids growing not only inside my uterus but outside as well. I m diabetic,...

doctor1 MD

Hello. I have multiple fibroids that are pressing agains my bladder, kidney, ureter. One Doctor recommended a hysterectomy. I was also told that I...

doctor1 MD

I ve been feeling like a burning sensation on my lower belly area and also very little burning sensation where I urinate. I had a urine test...

doctor1 MD

On 2014 i Had a TVS. Result was normal Pelvic utz. Fibroid is 21mm x 10 anterior subserosal. Is this cancerous? I’ll have it check after 3 years...

doctor1 MD

I have recently had a sexual encounter where the condom broke and I didnt realize It. I have got tested 2 days later and everything was negative. I...

doctor1 MD

Hello I have a question I had like a sharp pain across lower abdominal and now it is very tender to touch I do suffer from fybroids and cysts as...