Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation, UTI and ear pain

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi there. I have a few different things going on. My period has always come at the same time every month.. And usally lasts for about 5-6 days. In XXXXXXX it lasted for 25 days and has been irregular ever since. The second thing is that now i kind of feel like im having uti symptoms. I Constantly feel like i need to empty my bladder. The last thing, that isnt related to those two things, is that i have had pain in my left ear all werk and it goes all the way down the left side of my neck. I just dont feel well...
Any idea of whaf could be going on?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs Evaluation

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

There are different symptoms which need different assessment. Let me explain you in detail:

1) Irregular periods lasting for about 25 days is possibly due to some problem in uterus like fibroid or polyp. Because 5 to 6 days was also longer as 3 to 4 days is normal duration.

2) UTI is common during such bleeding episodes as there will be infection associated. Please get urine culture and sensitivity test done to assess if there is urinary tract infection. You can take medicines as per the culture report.

3) Pain in left ear radiating down is due to impacted wax in ear. This impacted wax needs to be cleared with solutions and drops to be put in ear. Please see an ENT specialist for examination and prescription.

4) The problems you are suffering needs to be examined and investigations needs to be done by doctors concerned as i have explained. These cannot be resolved by over the counter medicines.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Dr. Soumya