Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Well I am 35 years old I was diagnosed with having iron deficiency anemia and my platelet count is 715. Can this cause me to just clot and not bleed while menstruating? Like the size of tennis balls with little blood flow.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Low platelet count and iron deficiency anemia caused increased bleeding tendencies.
These factors are responsible for clotting and if decreased, then it leads to increased bleeding during periods.
Excessive clot formation is unlikely due to it.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 41 minutes later
my platelet count is high not low. normal is between 140-440 mine is 715.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can lead to increased thrombosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Sorry for the wrong interpretation.
Increased platelet count can lead to thrombosis and clot formation.
You should consult a hematologist for proper examination and treatment accordingly. Platelet syndrome like megakaryocytosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana