Suggest treatment for intestinal tuberculosis

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am suffering from intestinal tuberculosis....me and my friend were eating in one plate...so this can effect my friend..my friend can be effected by tuberculosia
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Almost no risk of transmission.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM and thanks for the query.

Intestinal tuberculosis does not get transmitted through eating,drinking or even kissing or sharing tooth brushes and so,there is almost NO risk of transmitting TB to your friend.

Intestinal TB is not contagious and there is no reason to get worried. Only pulmonary (lung) Tb is contagious and it is transmitted through breathing,coughing,sneezing but don't get transmitted by eating from the same plates.

Hope this helps.Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications.

Dr.Sandip Kabra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D