Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
interstitial lung disease is end stage disease.
Interstitial lung disease(ILD) is not a good disease when it comes to prognosis and treatment. There are so many drugs in pipeline but nothing seems promising. There is no sure shot cure for ILD. In the terminal stage only supportive care is advised. Like home oxygen therapy ( daily 16-18 hours), chest physiotherapy and nutritional support. Your relative also has Diabetes, Hypertension and cardiac problems. These all add in poor prognosis. So in my opinion you should keep her at home only with oxygen support. Visiting hospitals will increase your financial burden only. No sure treatment for ILD. Better to council her for end of life issues.
Hope I have answered your question. I am happy to answer other queries if you have.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Steroids for interstitial lung disease
- What is interstitial lung disease
- Interstitial lung disease treatment
- Interstitial lung disease prognosis
- Interstitial lung disease contagious
- Interstitial lung disease methotrexate
- Causes of interstitial lung disease
- Chronic interstitial lung disease treatment
- Interstitial lung disease prednisone
- Severe interstitial lung disease