Suggest treatment for intermittent shooting nerve pain in heel

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Im having intermittant shooting nerve pain in my right heel, causing a strong painful jolt about every minute. What could be causing it?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Plantar fasciitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in heel can be due to a condition called plantar fasciitis. Its one of the commonest reason for heel pain. Pain in morning and improvement on walking for some time is its classical presentation. The initial treatment with anti inflammatory medicines with rest and cold fomentation works fine for most of the patients. Cortisone injection is a good mid to long term treatment.
Consider using soft silicone heel cushions for preventing any further damage to fascia.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal