Suggest treatment for intermittent sharp pain in the shoulder blades

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: yes I have a sharp to dull pain between my shoulder blades and was just looking
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get Xray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have got your query.

Symptoms you are explaining may be due to cervical spondylosis or just due to bad posture while sitting or sometimes due to weight lifting.

So all you need is to have xray of cervicodorsal region in AP and Lateral view and send me the report.

Till then have tab aceclofenac 100mg + thicolchicoside 4mg twice a day by prescription of your family doctor.

Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening.

Avoid weightlifting.

Have right posture while reading or in front of laptop etc.

I hope you got the answer.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng