Suggest treatment for intermittent pain in lower bottom tooth shooting up to ear
Frictional keratosis , caries , periodontal abscess .
Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic .
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .
Read your query and understand your concern as far as tongue pain and soreness is concerned it can be due to chronic irritation of sharp cusps of posterior ( molar ) teeth resulting in Frictional keratosis .
As you have pain in tooth this can be due to dental infection carious tooth (periapical abscess ) or due to Periodontal abscess ( gingival abscess ) secondary to gum infection because of deposits .
For this I will suggest you to consult oral surgeon and gone through treatment rounding of sharp cusps . Inmeantime you can apply ointment like Mucopain or Dologel on tongue . Do warm saline rinses . You can take course of antibiotics like Amoxicillin and Metronidazole (if you are not allergic ) .
These are the possible causes , diagnosis and description based on the details you have provided . If you can upload image of tongue and tooth that will be more helpful for me to give you proper diagnosis and treatment plan .
Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for broken tooth and intermittent toothache
- Suggest treatment for ear pain in a child
- Suggest treatment for painful decayed tooth
- Suggest treatment for tooth sensitivitytooth pain and tooth decay
- Suggest treatment for cold and ear pain
- Suggest treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for tooth and gum pain
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Treatment and cure for pain in tooth
- Suggest treatment for painful itching ear