Suggest treatment for intermittent collapsing muscle weakness in lower limb

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Intermittent right leg wanting to collapse or give out on me while normal walking , out of nowhere a jelly feeling of my whole leg , that last between 2-3 gaiting steps on my right side only. And maybe once or twice a week
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Spinal Canal stenosis leads to muscle weakness and loss of balance.

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case and reports

Spinal Canal stenosis leads to muscle weakness leading to loss of balance in lower limb[feeling collapse].
I will advise you MRI spine and clinical examination.

For these symptoms neurotropic medication like pregabalin can be started consulting your doctor.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Another possibility of cerebellar symptoms which can be confirmed on MRI brain and clinical examination.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon