Suggest treatment for intermittent breathlessness and shivers
We consulted a physician and did chest X-ray which was clear and showed nothing. We currently don't know what is happening and feel helpless when this attack comes.
Any help or idea why this is happening?
Thanks in advance.
Need more information for further comments.
Welcome to HCM.
Shortness of breath could be due to asthmatic bronchitis or early asthma or related to stress but it will need complete clinical assessment for pulmonary first and then extra-pulmonary causes.
Since your friend's chest X-ray is clear which will probably rule out pathology in lungs.
But I will like to know some more information from your friend,
1) Is he having any other symptoms (like chest pain or wheezing) apart from shortness of breath?
2) Is he taking any medications (like inhaler or puff) to relieve from it since 2 weeks?
3) Did this shortness of breath appeared suddenly or after some throat (URTI) infection before 2 weeks?
4) Has he suffered similar kind of problem in the past?
Here,he will require this complete medical history and clinical examination with some relevant investigation like routine blood works,Pulmonary Function Tests,EKG etc which will enable us to arrive at a certain conclusion.
For which he will have to see pulmonologst for further evaluation.
However,I would like to discuss it further once you can provide me this more information from your friend.I will try my best to help him as far as I can.
Shivering and shortness of breath is for the first time that she is experiencing.
Go for further testing and PFT.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Oxygen saturation between 95 to 100 is completely normal but shortness of breath must be evaluated further to rule out any pulmonary cause.
It could also be related to stress and anxiety.
She may need to consult pulomonologist and get evaluated further by clinical examination for respiratory system with routine blood works,ESR,PFT,EKG and also check thyroid profile which may give us some clue to plan our treatment further.
Meanwhile,she may use salbutamol inhaler or puff whenever there is episode of breathing difficulty.
hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for broken tooth and intermittent toothache
- Treatment and cure for intermittent gout
- What is the treatment for intermittent cough with temporary breathlessness
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment and cure for intermittent headache
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Treatment and cure for intermittent nausea
- Treatment and cure for intermittent tachycardia
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment