Suggest treatment for insomnia
I have problem with sleeping. It started 2016 when I wake up during the night. I think it's already 8.00 in the morning but it's 03.00 when I check the time
First take care of sleep hygiene
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
First of all I like to inform you that the first thing to do in case of sleep problem is to follow sleep hygiene. Although the concept of sleep hygiene is broad I have narrated few points which are most important.
For your information you can access those principles of sleep hygiene at https://www.icliniq.com/health-articles/health-topics/emotional-and-mental-health/how-to-sleep-better-tips-for-getting-a-good-nights-sleep
The second thing is medications. Although medication are not the first choice but in same cases it is better to get one when necessary.
The first choice among medications is Z drug like sustained release preparation of zolpidem or zopiclone. Although they are intended to use for sleep onset but helps you to maintain a full night of sleep.
I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards
Thanks for the answer and the link https://www.icliniq.com/health-articles/health-topics/emotional-and-mental-health/how-to-sleep-better-tips-for-getting-a-good-nights-sleep
But i do this routine every day
The these tablets you gave me isnt make things more dependent on tablets that it ends up i can not sleep without them?
They do not make dependent
Thanks for reverting back to me.
The medication I suggested do not make somebody dependent and help in sleep onset as well as maintenance.
The other class of medication known as benzodiazepines, commonly used for sleep, have the addiction potential and cause dependence.
Having said this when you use the medication and over the time you feel dependent or not able to discontinue, you need them to taper down slowly as sudden withdrawal have more tendency to cause rebound insomnia on discontinuation. With slow discontinuation almost all medication can be weaned smoothly without leaving trace of sleep problem.
I hope this clarifies.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe primary insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia despite taking silenor and oxazepam
- Suggest treatment to cure fatiguejoint pain and insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia when sublinox is ineffective
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia caused due to depression and hypertension
- Suggest treatment for chronic insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- Suggest treatment for insomnia caused by mental disturbance
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?