Suggest treatment for insomnia
what is a good alternative to narcotic pain meds, ive been on norco 10/325 for 3 years it hurts my stomach and some how im in a viscious cycle
thank you so much for being part of this team and if it helps i have been in a mental hospital 4 times and that is where i got the meds, again thank you sir
Ambien extended release is the option
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
For sleep problem I will not recommend you to try Seroquel or trazodone. These are anti-psychotics and antidepressants respectively and sleep is just side effect. For the proper management of sleep you can use Extended release Ambien which maintains sleep for four to six hours. I Think it will be suitable for you as ambien is doing good job for initial two hours. The other option which can be explored are Zaleplon and Zopiclomide both from same class as Ambien.
In case you still find difficulty with sleep than moving to Benzodiazepines is right option. The useful benzodiazepines includes Lorazepam, Klonopin, Temazepam and lot more. Visit your PCP so he can prescribe you the right medication. I like to inform you that Benzodiazepines are associated with dependence and you need to take it under supervision of your doctor.
Regarding alternative to Norco you can use Selective Cox inhibitor which are stomach friendly. The options include Etoricoxb and celecoxib. In case you do not get required pain relief with these medicines you can use Norco with proton pump inhibitors which include omeprazole, pentoprazole etc.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards
Dr Ashok Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe primary insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia despite taking silenor and oxazepam
- Suggest treatment to cure fatiguejoint pain and insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia when sublinox is ineffective
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia caused due to depression and hypertension
- Suggest treatment for chronic insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- Suggest treatment for insomnia caused by mental disturbance
- Suggest treatment for relapse of anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for REM sleep behavior disorder
- Suggest an alternative medicine to Metoclopramide
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Can methamphetamine be passed to someone else through body fluids?
- What is the effect of Adderall on baby during pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for female orgasmic disorder
- After what time period of drinking alcohol can Risperidone and...
- Suggest treatment for mood swings and anxiety