Suggest treatment for insomnia while on Abilify, Klonopin and Remeron

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, my name is XXXX and I take 15 mg of abilify in the morning, 1 mg of klonopin three times a day, 5 mg of L-methyfolate three times a day, and today I took 15 mg of remeron at 8 pm, and got 4 hours of sleep, and an hour ago I took 7.5 mg of remeron, and it doesn't seem to be working. I couldn't sleep last night either. So is it okay for me to go ahead and take 25 mg of sinequan this one time to get some sleep? Or is there anything else I can take for sleep?
Does sinequan interact with abilify?

Is it okay for me to take sinequan tonight?

Can you please answer my question before it is too late for me to get some sleep tonight?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take Sinequan for sleep.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for asking

Yes you can take Sinequan 25 mg for sleep if you have prescription. This will not cause any serious adverse effects.

But please remember that Remeron is an antidepressant that helps in sleep and is not a sleep medicine. So please take your drugs as per prescribed doses only.

There are no serious interactions between Sinequan and Abilify. You can go with this.

Thanks. You are welcome to ask follow up doubts.