Suggest treatment for insomnia when Trazodone and Temazepam didn't help

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on 4 days ago in Mental Health
Question: I have insomnia. my doctor gave me traxadone which made me fall down all the time. I called him and told him that the traxadone dzepamoes not work. so he gave me temazepam 15 mg. I took meds at 9:45. it ia now well over a fair time about 1 hour and 40minutes. what can I do
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seroquel can be considered

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern about your lack of sleep. As I can see that you have tried almost everything available over the counter and Trazodone and benzodizepines (Temazepam) I feel we need to consider something which have definite sedative properties without much side effects.

In my experience low dose Quetiapine can be considered for this purpose. You can discuss same with your doctor and request low dose such as 25 mg at bed time.

In addition I hope you are taking care of sleep hygiene principles. If no please follow the simple principles of sleep hygiene.

I hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Dr. Ashok Kumar
Psychiatrist