Suggest treatment for insomnia when Ambien, Lorazepam, Aleve-PM, Excedrin-PM and Flexeril haven't helped

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on 5 days ago in Sleep Disorders
Question: I have terrible insomnia and in spite of taking, variously, or in combinations, ambien, lorazepam, aleve pm, excedrin pm, occasionally flexeril, nightcaps just before I really want to fall asleep, I can't fall asleep until 1:30 or 2 in the morning. I love to sleep until 11 am, which is not helpful. But it is only in the late morning, when I have stopped having to get up to pee as frequently as I do in the 11 - midnight time frame, that I truly feel "at one with the bed" i.e., I feel glued down and I love that feeling. Getting up early to try to reset my clock just leaves me tired and cranky and makes it no easier to fall asleep earlier Help!
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Each one of us have a biological clock inside us and yours is set for a sleep time from 1.30 am to 11 am. You are having over 9 hours of sleep.This is sufficient as the recommended number of hours of sleep is 8 hours.

You are taking a large number of sedative medication in an attempt to change the biological clock. Try to use your wake hours usefully or having fun and sleep when your body wants sleep as per the biological clock.

Don't stop all your medicines abruptly but start tapering them and stop without any withdrawal effect.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Noble Zachariah