Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

171 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for insomnia, loss of balance and confusion

Answered by
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 3339 Questions

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am a post menapausal woman, 55 years old, and have been to neurologist and 6 cat scans found nothing. I retired in July 2016 a couple years early. Someone at work asked my manager at work if I was having a stroke, I think a month or two before July. My symptoms are confusion, insomnia, unbalanced and shakiness.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurological disorders to consider further.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you've described may indicate normal pressure hydrocephalus in the first stages.

Early onset dementia also should be considered as a possible condition.

A brain MRI is more a accurate examination than CT scan, so, I'd suggest you to discuss with your Neurologist about these conditions, further examination, neuropsychological tests, in order to understand better your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if i can assist you further.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 50 minutes later
The brain scan done also did not show anything. Do you have anything else?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Metabolic conditions to consider also.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Other conditions to consider, since the CT was clear, include metabolic conditions such electrolytes imbalance, low vitamins B group levels, thyroid gland conditions, etc.

It is necessary to get evaluated with proper blood tests about these conditions too, in order to get a correct understanding of your condition.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.