Suggest treatment for insect bite
Insect bite dermatitis
I would not be able to identify the bug that bit you. This forum doesn't have entomologist who can help you identify that bug. However as a practising dermatologist I can help you treat this problem.
You gave history of bite by insect. You developed erythematous rash at the site of bite. You did not mention about any symptom like itching,burning or pain. I think that would be there in less severity.
I usually suggest following line of treatment in patients having such problem..
- a short course of antibiotic like azithromycine 500 mg in morning for 1 week
- a course of steroid methyl prednesolone in tappering dose for 2 weeks ..4mg thrice a day for 5 days,then twice a day for 5 days then once a day for 5 days then to stop.
- an antihistaminic like levocetirizine 5 mg at night,if you have itching.
- application of antibiotic with mild steroid cream like fusidic acid with fluticasone cream.
I think this would be helpful to you. But take treatment under observation of nearby dermatologist.
Hope you recover soon. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for insect bite in children
- Infected insect bite treatment
- Treatment and cure for insect bite allergy
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment and cure for insect bite hypersensitivity
- Suggest treatment for insect bite allergy
- Treatment and cure for insect bite dermatitis
- What is the treatment for insect bite
- Fusidic acid in treatment of insect bite
- Treatment and cure for Insect bites