Suggest treatment for insect bite like bumps on the soles of the feet

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: What's the easiest way to tell the difference in fleabites, bedbugs or scabies. Do any of them bite the soles of the feet. Will scabies go away without medicati
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 38 minutes later
a medical examination is necessary.
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
They have changed since this morning and the one on the sole is barely noticable now. But the others are having more and more of a reaction. The one even looks like bullseye pattern but no ticks as far as i know.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi again
Have seen the photos,Its not scabies.
Most likely its bed bug or flea bites.
I would suggest you take a anti histaminic like Allergra(Fexofenadine 180mg) once daily for three days.It will reduce the amount of inflammation caused by inhibiting the release of histamines.
As you are saying that boil on sole have almost disappeared it can not be because of scabies.
Flea bite or bed bug bite would take some time to settle down as adviced start taking an anti histaminic for few days.Mucoporin ointment can be used on it for few days.
And if possible consult a skin specialist once.
You would be much relieved in few days.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
Thanks i recomended all those yesterday and looks better today. Thid is a student, Im a school nurse.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Thanks it will settle down soon.Don't worry!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad