Suggest treatment for injury to the caruncle of the eye by a lawn chip

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hi! I injured my caruncula lacrimalis when the lawn mower threw a chip at my eyes. It has a superficial cut on it. I experience extremely mild pain, when i blink though it hurt more when it happened. No eye injury, nothing swollen, no blood, just some tears.
Should I Worry?
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eye injury not seems serious,no need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you had a injury to the caruncle of the eye by a lawn chip. Since you are not having symptoms indicating serious eye injury like swelling, watering, redness... no need to worry.
Since it has made a small cut causing pain, you need to use antibiotic eye drops like ofloxacin. If pain is severe you can use analgesic pain killer tablets. You will be fine by 1-2 days.

If you are having symptoms of visual impairment like blurring of vision, diminution of vision you need to consult your eye doctor for examination to rule out injury to cornea and other vital structures of the eye.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards