Suggest treatment for inherited zinc deficiency
Symptoms start from the childhood.
Hello again and thanks for being on HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Inherited zinc deficiency is an autosomal recesive condition, in other words, there is need for two defective genes ( from both parents that should be carriers of defective gene ) in order to express the disease.
Symptoms start from childhood ( after weaning off breastfeeding ) and include skin manifestations, thin hair, loss of hair, slower growth, and mood changes such depressive disorders.
Tests include measurement of zinc blood levels, genetic testing of the mutation on gene SLC39A4, hair, saliva and urine zinc levels, skin biopsy and histology.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
I remain at your disposal for further questions and clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Zinc deficiency symptoms in women
- Cracks on fingertips and zinc deficiency
- Treatment and cure for zinc deficiency
- Blepharospasm zinc deficiency and blepharospasm
- Zinc deficiency tailbone pain
- Zinc deficiency spasmodic torticollis
- Zinc deficiency skin
- Zinc deficiency ataxia
- Zinc deficiency sleep
- Zinc deficiency costochondritis