Suggest treatment for inguinal hernia
Need more information
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Kindly answer the following to advise accordingly
By a moderate hernia, are you referring to a hiatal hernia.
If possible , kindly upload the CAT scan report.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
The ultimate treatment for all hernia regardless of the type is surgical repair. But in elderly small a
symptomatic hernia can de delated untill the symptoms developed because the complications of anesthesia in elderly and when there is comorbidities makes it difficult to do surgery but there is excellent out come when local anesthesia is used. Laparoscopic is better that open because of short hospital stay and early recovery. No one can be sure about as when can a hernia can develop strangulation or incarceration but its the serious complications and then its an emergency to repair the defect. There is no apparent serious affects for delaying repair untill the symtpoms develops.
Hope it helps
Dr M.S Khalil
please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Inguinal hernia treatment babies belt
- Infant inguinal hernia homeopathic treatment
- Inguinal hernia treatment in unani medicine
- Inguinal hernia treatment without surgery
- Treatment and cure for With an inguinal hernia
- Treatment for inguinal hernia in ayurveda
- Treatment for inguinal hernia
- Suggest treatment for right side bulged inguinal hernia
- Alternative treatments for inguinal hernia
- Direct inguinal hernia treatment