Suggest treatment for ingrown toenail on the foot

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Thank you. I have an ingrown toenail on my right foot. Until I can see a podiatrist, I'd like to try soaking my foot in epsom salt. I don't know how to do that. Please advise. Thank you. XXXXXXX Willis.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....put one to one and half cup of epsom salt in half bucket of warm water
Detailed answer....
For Epsom salt  soak,you put one to one and a half cup of epsom salt in a small bucket which can hold your feet up to at least just above your ankle. Fill it with boiling water and then letting it cool or by adding some fresh water,till you can comfortably tolerate the temperature of water.
Keep soaking it till water cools.
Epsom salt soaks are good and it helps in relieving aches and  pains,decrease inflammation and improve circulation. It wold help you in getting relief from pain from your ingrown toe nail.
I hope it helps you. You are most welcome to ask any other query if you wish.
Best of luck 
Thanks.