Suggest treatment for ingrown hairs on legs

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Been having problems with ingrown hairs on my legs, big spots with green head and pus! I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotic for follulitis but I still have Marks on my legs and I keep getting more every now and again when I shave. What can I do to stop this happening I've tried different razors. And moisturise.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stop using razors. Use alternative methods of depilation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through the details. Let me assure you that no matter what, there are always plenty of bacteria on our skin. When you shave the skin, these bacteria are shifting into the follicles that form the dips on the skin. These are resulting in the infection or folliculitis that you describe. I would suggest you to try methods like trimming or better still, hair dissolvers like XXXXXXX French which are unlikely to give rise to the problems you are facing.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha