Suggest treatment for ingrown hair infection in the vulva

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 14 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: One day while shaving fast it felt as if I slit two spots outside on the vaginal lips. After became bumps and swollen. Our apartment ran out of toilet paper but we had wipes the four days that we used the wipes it became a more burning to per and I noticed the labia was bright red and turn to touch. Soon the side of my leg got a soar also and a straight line of white bubbles near the soar. I now have the scabbed soars up near the pant line that have a few of the white bubbles near but it's in the spot I usually have my ingrown hairs and some of the bubbles have a black dot in them. I have pictures if there's a way to have you see them. I'm scared.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely due to ingrown hair infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and pictures and understand your concerns.
It is most likely due to ingrown hair( infection of hair follicle) .
No treatment is required only symptomatic treatment is given.
It will resolve by its own.
Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 16 hours later
Is that normal ingrown hair looking??
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is normal ingrown hair.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
Yes,it is normal ingrown hair.
I know you are thinking about herpes but these are different from herpes infection.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.