Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for inflammed bulging after wasp bite

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3015 Questions
Dear Doctor, last week a wasp bit on my finger and my whole palm got swollen. I applied balm ( tiger balm ) and it was cured in couple of days. Now I see a bulge at the point where the wasp has bitten. Can you pls let me know what shall I do.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antibiotic cream like Mupirocin should be used. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Thanks for writing to us. It seems from your query that you developed local infection at that point , since it is bulging and looks inflammed. I advise in such cases to apply a local antibiotic cream like Mupirocin over it. I prefer to add combination of NSAIDs + Serratiopeptidase (like Zynase-D) situations where patient has a lot of pain and swelling. Also , adding an Anti-Histaminic drug like Cetrizine , would help. However , since the bite was 1 week back , anti histaminics may not help much. But ,at present , antibiotic cream should be applied , as there is always a risk of developing a more serious infection called as Cellulitis. You may discuss with your doctor about my opinion , i am sure he/she will agree. I hope I am able to solve your query , still if you have any query please ask me , else you may please close the discussion and rate it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor