• question-icon

Suggest treatment for inflammatory hyper pigmentation on skin

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Sun Burn
Question: I have been prescribed these medicines by a doctor shown in the pics because of post inflammotary hyperpigmentation.Can you please tell me if i m ok to start the medicines. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 50 minutes later
Brief Answer
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you fot writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the attachment.
Is the pigmentation on face?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Yes its on face and neck but more on face
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for pigmentation

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

I have answered your previous query on hyperpigmentation. Is it the same problem that it persisting?
Out of all these prescribed medications you may use topical preparations like Sunscreen (Solotan), Hydroquinone 2% cream (Safo quine) and Glycolic acid cream (Glycoaid cream).
Complexion cream seems like a herbel preparation. I am not aware of the ingredients in it. I am not in favor of it.
You may use the other cream combination of hydroquinone and glycolic acid (i.e Safoquine and Glycoaid cream) on all 7 days instead of complexion cream for 3 days.
You may also take Brino capsule (contains tranexamic acid), twice daily. it is a skin lightening agent
I am not in favor of Thiocel 500mg (contains glutathione). Oral Glutathione is also a skin lightening agent but it is not meant to be used for localized Hyperpigmentation or Melasma on face and moreover if you are already taking tranexamic acid which is also a skin lightening agent then there is no need to add another skin lightening agent.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist