• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for infertility

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 32 years old married for 1 year. After trying to conceive for six months, Following investigations were done and result are as follows:-
1. Transvaginal Ultrasound- Normal
2. Semen Analysis of husband - Normal
3. AMH - 2.04, LH- 5.52, FSH- 4.83and E2 - 40.84(All Normal)
4. HSG - Tubes were visualized till the fimbrial end but no spillage was seen. One very small persistent filling defect was also seen which doctor said may be indicative of Synechiae. I had an infection after HSG test.

I consulted two doctors. First doctor gave me a course of Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for 7 days and then asked me to go straight for laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy. She says it I'll tell us clear cut whether TB is there or not. Plus, if any other problem, then it would be corrected.

Second doctor asked me to take the following course:-
Firstly, to go for endometrial biopsy to test for TB PCR in next cycle.
Meanwhile, she has asked me to start following medicines:-
Cap Doxycycline one cap twice a day for 14 days
Cap vizylac twice a day for 14 days
Inj placentrex 1 amp i/m daily for 14 days
Tab serradiic plus once a day for 14 days

She says if above doesn't work, then we I'll schedule a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.

Kindly guide which course of action should I take considering my age and problem.


Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get laparoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks trusting health care magic
In my opinion you need to opt for Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and not anything else
Endometrial Biopsy for Tb PCR will be done along with that so both purposes will be solved.
Don't stay in false hopes and opt for operation at the earliest.
Wish you a healthy pregnancy soon
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Manisha Jain


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 5136 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Placentrex

doctor1 MD

Hi. I am 31 years old. I have pcos. Right now i am not planning for pregnancy . I visited my doc recently. After checkup he informed that i have...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I got married 3 years ago and not got pregnant till now. My husband's semen analysis is done and there is no problem but I got the below...

doctor1 MD

Infertility Doubt: I am 27yrs married Female. Menses is irregular from the day I got my first menses. Have PCOD & BLOCK at RIGHT FALLOPIAN TUBE -...

doctor1 MD

Sir, I am a patient of Vitiligo during last 18 months.white small patches on the lips and stomach.Dr has advised the following medicine:- 1....

doctor1 MD

hello doctor, Iam married since 8 months & trying to concive. I have consulted the gynaec , she advised me to take 10 placentrex injections evry...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

136 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Manisha Jain
  • Q - How to get pregnant in old age?

  • Q - Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?

  • Q - Suggest home remedies for anemia

  • Q - Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?

  • Q - What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?

  • Q - What is a complex ovarian cyst?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI

  • Q - Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression

  • Q - Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?

  • Q - What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?