Suggest treatment for infertility

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 36 my wife is 32 planning for kids since 9 months but dint get positive and had consult gynaecolohist and got both tested with various test all tests are normal so Dr. had prescribed Ubiphene 100 for five days and OMG 4 for 30 daya. her periods are regular 27 or 28 days she Goth her last period on 9 July and we are testing ovulation using I-Know on 19 and 21 at 8:00 pm but dint get positive. all her and my reports are quite normal as per the gynaecolohist. Why are we not getting positive result in ovulation. and since 2 aug she is spotting and white discharge no odor and discomfort in lower abdominal bit discomfort in breast and have tested with home Pregnancy kit I can on 12 but negative. periods delayed by 8 days. what to do next.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anovulation should be treated

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Inability to conceive can be due to many causes, which might have been tested in your case.
Moreover, failure of ovulation is a major cause of infertility.
Anovulation or failure of ovulation can be due to various reasons like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactemia or polycystic ovarian disease, stress etc.
Cause of anovulation should be confirmed,and treated.
Moreover, she can be given hCG injection to trigger ovulation so as to assist in conceiving.
I will suggest you to discuss with your treating gynecologist further investigations and treatment accordingly.
Periods are delayed in anovulation and hormonal disturbances.
She can take medication to induce periods.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 26 minutes later
Normally she has her periods normal no such delay she has 28 day cycle. and we could not detect ovulation by kit in mid of her cycle too. and the tablets given one is for ovulation and a multivatimin I guess. after medication this time she is delayed with her periods else she is normal and is it good to have cow milk regularly as some study says it's good to have milk to have healthy Ovulation. and she is getting white discharge since a week and have abdominal discomfort and discomfort in breast why is it so.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Repeat urine pregnancy test can be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Ovulation induction drugs can delay the periods by a week.
However, if the periods are delayed, she should get a repeat urine pregnancy test after a week to rule out any pregnancy.
It is not scientifically proved that the cow's milk is helpful in ovulation.Since it is not harmful, she can take it.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 hours later
Madam I am here by attaching reports for reference as you were saying there are so many reasons for not getting conceived such as thyroid and cyst etc as the reports say she is normal. even I got semen tested and other test too everything is normal. we don't be that stressed we both are employee. so please advise us
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urine infection should be ruled out, follicular monitoring should done

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have reviewed the reports.
All the hormonal tests are normal.
Theurine examination shows pus cells and red blood cells, which can be present in urinary tract infection or kidney disease.
She should get a urine culture and sensitivity test done to confirm the infection, if any, and if negative, then she should consult a nephrologist to rule out any kidney disease.
Follicular monitoring by ultrasound should be done from day 9 of the menstrual cycle onwards to assess whether the ovulation is occurring or not, and its timing.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 days later
Madam we got 2 Home Pregnancy Test positive on 15 & 16 and consulted Doctor so as per her advice had been to abdominal scanning which was negative and report showed Right Ovarian Follicular Cyst measuring 3X3 cms hence also after consulting doctor had a Beta HCG observed value 2711.8 mlU/ml . with note Elevated hcg concentration not associated with Pregnancy are found with other diseases such as tumor germ cell overies bladder lungs and liver. so what to do next madam. is it any serious issue.
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy more likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Beta hCG cannot be differentiated whether it is elevated in blood due to pregnancy or due to other causes.
Follicular cyst is not associated with elevated beta hCG levels.
Moreover, since ovulation induction drugs were taken, chances of pregnancy are more.
I will suggest you to get her ultrasound ( preferably transvaginal ultrasound) done after one week to confirm the pregnancy.
She should also get her beta hCG levels repeated 48 hours after the last test.
If the levels increase by more than double in 48 hours, then the pregnancy is confirmed.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D