Suggest treatment for infertility

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Dear Doctor I have been trying to have a baby with my wife for 11 months now and have had no luck. I am veteran and recently received a Semen Aalysis from a VA hospital. Please help me make a better understanding of my SA. I know I have abnormal viscosity, but is it because I fasted prior? Thanks any help would be much appreciated.

My SA results are as follows:

TOTAL MOTILITY: 47 %
VISCOSITY: ABNORMAL > 1 HR
LIQUIFICATION: > 1HR
PH: 8.0
VOLUME: 2.0
SPERM CONC: 116.2
PROGRESSIVE MOTILITY: 40&
NON-PROGRESSIVE MOTILOTY: 7%
NON-MOTILE: 53%
WBC: <1 M/mL
TOTAL SPERM #: 232.4 M
MORPHOLOGY NORMAL FORMS: 10%

W/ ACROSOMAL DEFICIENCY, VACULATION, AND GERM CELLS PRESENT
Can I or will me and my wife conceive naturally?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
semen analysis fine seek fertility consultant

Detailed Answer:
ank you for asking
A couple is officially called infertile if they fail to conceive for a year.yiu are short on one month for thank you for asking
40 % Of Normal motile Sperms Of 232 Millton Is More Than enough to Impregnate A Woman. To me semen analysis is just to rule out azoospermia that is no sperm. That you are totally out of.rest semen analysis is a very fragile business and require alot of skills and techniques which no lab can provide that is why these small issues show up.but if the sperm count is there in good range sperms are fine.
Get your spouse tested.get a hysterosalpingogram and see if the pathway is patent. Women are mostly the cause of infertility.work up for all the cervical and ovarian factors of infertility also hormonal aspects and environmental factors need to be ruled out.
Get following work up for your wife as
Hysterosalpingogram
Ultrasonography
Saline infusion sonography
Magnetic resonance imaging
Hysteroscopy
Endometrial biopsy
Once the evaluation is complete then management is easy according to the etiology and can be applied to help conceive.
Just get to a fertility consultant and let them decide what is best for you.
To me this semen analysis is more than enough to get a baby.after all it just takes one sperm to finish the job.
I hope it helps. Take care and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX